Sometimes when we update our WordPress plugins , themes or the WordPress itself we tend to get a message “Briefly Unavailable for Scheduled Maintenance ” out of nowhere. Below are the steps how we can fix or remove Briefly Unavailable for Schedules Maintenance.
Via Control Panel
- Log in into your cpanel Account. This is usually accessible by typing “yourdomain.com/cpanel”.
- Locate the File Manager Button
- Tick Show All including hidden files
- After accessing your file manager, look for a file name called .maintenance without any extention
- Delete .maitenance file and that’s it.
- Open your FTP application (Filezilla, SmartFtp, etc)
- Log in into your FTP account
- Locate .maintenance file
- Delete .maintenance. (FTP will prompt a message asking if your sure, Select Yes)
After doing those step via Control Panel or FTP, Go to your browser and type your domain name to check it out. Sometimes, you might need to clear your browser cache in order to see your site again or use another browser. You can also use Isup.me to see if your site is running.